I'm sitting on my couch with my favorite fancy tea (green tea blend called The du Hammam), just brewed, within arm's reach, and my dog, Rocky, also within arm's reach.
I decided to start my day with a post, to, you know, get the juices flowing so to speak. My book comes out tomorrow and I'm a bundle of nerves. I also have to write my very first guest blog post today. So, you see, this post is a warm-up for the following:
1. acknowledging the day has started and must.get.out.of.pajamas (ok. maybe not right away. But before leaving the house. who knows? that could be never. side note: I've waited many years for this so-called luxury of living in your PJs)
2. pay bills. TODAY. must avoid late fees!
pause. ok, back. had to put music on surround sound. this talk of bills is stressful! Nothing like some Broken Social Scene to bring tranquility to the day.
3. write more pages of new book. ok, this really should have been numero uno on the list, but who's counting? If a girl can't hide on her blog, where can she hide?
4. write a fabulous guest blog for the compulsive reader, to be featured tomorrow.
5. errands. I'm the worst with errands. the worst.
Ok, that list is long enough. You know what I want to do soon? Visit the Los Angeles Zoo. I've never been, and I think it's time. This non-sequitur brought to you by Jordanna's brain.
Oh, I forgot to mention. For those of you who've read my bio on my website, you know I want to get another cat eventually. Well, one showed up in our driveway a few weeks ago and has been happily living there ever since. We call him Scraps. He's kind of filthy and loves nothing more than to sleep on greasy oil stains under the car, but I love him anyway. Even if I have to scrub down after cuddling him, or disinfect my clothes (I had grease tracks all over my white sweatpants after letting him sit on me), or clean up his poop droppings in the middle of our walk way. Ok, that part is kinda gross, and I don't really enjoy it, but, the scrappy old guy is worth it.
And, Rocky, former cat-terrorizer, has been reformed and even kisses Scraps on occasion.
Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks. See for yourself:
I'm fully warmed-up now, friends. Thanks for the help and perhaps you will be hearing from me again tomorrow, publication day!!
Until then, enjoy your day whether in PJs or real clothes.